However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind before you make your final selections. Here are a few quick tips to help.
- First, you will likely want to wear your engagement ring. Most brides do. Other rings are acceptable. Just make sure they don’t detract from your engagement ring. When your husband-to-be slides your wedding band on your finger, the last thing you’d want is for people to be looking at the gorgeous, but huge, multi-gemmed ring you picked up at Nordstrom and not your engagement ring and wedding band.
- Second, consider what time of day your reception is at. If your having a day time wedding then the jewelry is usually a little more subdued. If your event is in the evening then you can add more sparkle to glimmer under the lights while you dance.
- Next, when choosing other accessories for your bridal jewelry, you want to keep in mind the color of your gown. Whatever you choose should coordinate with your gown and not compete with it. You don’t want to wear jewelry that overpowers your wedding dress and takes attention away from it. Other considerations when picking out your bridal jewelry are your skin tone and hair color.
- Another tip is to add personal touches with jewelry such as wearing something sentimental which can be your something old or something borrowed if your wearing something that belongs to your mother or grandmother.
- Bring a few hair accessories with you when your getting your hair & make-up trial. Also don't forget to bring your accessories to your first fitting so you can decide what looks best and still have time to look for something else if your not pleased with your accessories.